.the human comedy.

This is a blog of whatever I feel the need to put on the internet, whatever goes through my head that I feel like typing. Please comment if you read. Comments are my life force.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Meet the drunken tank driver.

I'm listening to a 30-something ramble on about his drunken adventures. I think "God, don't let yourself be him". As if I'm not already. How can I look down on him for living what I try so hard too.

"I'm a truck driver.... You know buses... How they sway? Well imagine drinking, going to bed at 5, getting up at 7, going to work at 8, driving that damn semi still fucking shit faced down the highway, man.... I thought I might vomit."

so did I.

I wonder what this man was hauling. Maybe Pepsi products.... Pregnancy tests and diapers. Maybe it was regu pasta sauce. That would have been quite a site. This man looking down for something to "vomit" into, taking his eyes off the road.
the trailer and the cab jack-knifing....
women. Children. Frat boys. Soccer teams. Creating one of those scenes you can't help but day dream about when someone changes lanes without signaling. Or when you see the blow out tires from people who still haven't changed there tires from that last recall I heard about somewhere. Maybe its just me. Maybe I'm the only pile-up obsessive one.
Feel safe?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home