.the human comedy.

This is a blog of whatever I feel the need to put on the internet, whatever goes through my head that I feel like typing. Please comment if you read. Comments are my life force.

Monday, April 11, 2005

Music with Movement

I've been listening to a lot of Mogwai, Sigur Ros, Mum, Radiohead, The Notwist, The books Air and bands like that. If you haven't heard any of them its all like, slowish electronic music with great ambiance that sounds like the noise inside your head (my head) when a you appreciate a child in the park playing with sticks, the ring of milk on your counter with some crumbs scattered next to it . Its how the world sounds when I appreciate things aesthetically and feel them and know they are there for me and not just pass them by. Im not sure if im making much sense but Im affected. This is The music that you hear and it seems more like your feeling it with all of your self more than just hearing it with your ears. Basically the point of this post was to say that im going to cry to create a demo of music like this. Just see what im feeling, just to feel what im seeing. If other people like it, don't, that's okay, I just have to build it.
.holden.
Oh, most of these songs are instrumental too... Im not sure if my CD will be.

4 Comments:

At Monday, April 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mogwai and radiohead are def the best... havent listened to the rest, but i assume that they are equally amazing, just like yourself. i hope your demo goes wonderfully. :)
[<3]em

 
At Tuesday, April 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're busting out the post rock I can refer you to some very perfect bands for just such a thing. If you know all these bands, Im sorry I underestimated your range of music, if you dont, dont feel bad, nobody I know does, with few exceptions. <3333

1) Labradford (This is one of my favorite post-rock/ambient/ instrumental bands ever. They are really wonderful. The members of this band, or at least one is in Pan-American. Very lovely guitar. This is more guitar based, repetitive.)
2)Pan-American (This is a more electronic-ish sound. Pretty damn good.)
3) the Album Leaf (beautiful. The song "Over the Pond" I highly reccommend. It is almost piano-based with a ripple effect, and I believe the singer from Sigur Ros sings on this song, because it is in New Hopelandic, or at least Sigur Ros-esque. They are on Sub-pop. Not entirely instrumental.)
4) Windsor for the Derby (Im under the impression they are not entirely instrumental, but they are really pretty as far post-rock goes.)
5) Explosions in the Sky (Some people know about this band. I reaaaalllly love this band. Instrumental straight-through. And completely amazing.)


So, that's about it, as far as stuff, I dont expect you to be all that aware of. Sorry... Ill do this a lot and if it bugs you tell me to shut up.

Hey you're cool! <333
Hope to talk to you more very soon.

PS This is Liz (I dont have a blogger.)

 
At Wednesday, April 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you, and you should make a CD, and def. let me have one.

 
At Tuesday, May 03, 2005, Blogger The Integrity League said...

personally, I was really bored with the MUM album I bought... the notwist is great, and so is air, M83, and Figurine (jimmy tamborello's secret 'other' postal service, yeah it's true) though they resemble the faint more than the likes of the ambient stuff. For some good "noise inside your head" moments, you should listen to some brian eno

 

Post a Comment

<< Home